Queen Street West east of Dufferin Street - essential rail repairs
April 7 to 9, 2021
What we are doing and why
From April 7 to 9, TTC track crews will conduct essential rail repairs to a track switch on Queen Street, east of Dufferin Street - underneath the overpass. This work is required to maintain safe streetcar operations. Activities include breaking and removal of concrete to expose rail components, replacing existing rail components with new rail, and placement of concrete.
- Traffic will be reduced to the curb lanes through the work zone for the duration of the work.
- The location of the work zone may inhibit left turns.
- The work zone will be cleared by the evening of Friday, April 9 for resumption of full road use.
Work hours and timeline
- On Tuesday, April 6 at approximately 11 p.m. the track crew will begin setting up a work zone in the area. Concrete saw-cutting will begin at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, April 7. Excavation will begin at approximately 8 a.m. in order to expose the rail components to be replaced.
- While excavation work will end by 10 p.m., rail work of this nature requires periods of late evening and overnight work to ensure quality installation of new rail and concrete. Some of this work will include clean-up, welding and grinding.
- New concrete will be placed on April 8 and left to cure for 24 hours before fully re-opening the road on April 9.
TTC service – April 7 to 9
501L Queen bus replacement service will continue to operate through the work zone.
Thank you for your patience as we make this repair to maintain safe streetcar service.
For further information:
Paul Tran, Community Liaison Officer, 647-461-5133, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service