Summerhill Station - Easier Access project
Utility investigations - December 7 to 24
See background information on TTC's Easier Access program.
What we are doing and why
As part of the design process for the TTC’s Easier Access Program at Summerhill Station, Toronto Hydro will be in the area from December 7 to December 24 to carry out utility relocation work on Shaftesbury Avenue and in the laneway adjacent to Summerhill Station.
Work details and access
- The work involves the relocation of a Toronto Hydro duct bank and will include the use of an excavator, dump truck and hydro vacuum truck.
- The work will be carried out as follows:
- On the north side of Shaftesbury Avenue, the week of December 7.
- In the laneway adjacent to Summerhill Station from December 14 to December 24. Access to the Indigo Parking lot will be blocked for the duration of this work.
- Work hours will be from 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday to Friday. Weekend work is not expected, but may take place if necessary.
- Pedestrian and vehicular traffic on Shaftesbury Avenue will be maintained during this work.
- Access to Summerhill Station will be maintained.
Noise and vibration
Nearby residents and businesses can expect to hear increased noise caused by the relocation work. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make Summerhill Station Accessible.
For further information:
Niki Angelis, Community Liaison, 416-981-1532, firstname.lastname@example.org.
162 Lawrence-Donway: Detour eastbound via The Donway W, Don Mills Rd E, Lawrence Ave E and The Donway E due to construction.
Last updated Jan 17, 8:47 AM
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service