90 Vaughan route improvements
Starting May 10, 2020
What we are doing and why?
TTC has a responsibility to keep our customers safe. Six bus stops on the 90 Vaughan route are located in areas that create potential opportunities for unsafe crossings, including blind spots for drivers and pedestrians. These stops will be removed from service on May 10, 2020. All transit shelters located at the stops that are being taken out of service will be removed by the City of Toronto. The City’s policy is to remove the shelters within 3 months after the TTC decommissions the stop. If you require further information regarding the removal of shelters please contact City of Toronto Street Furniture.
The stops being taken out of service on May 10, 2020 are:
- Stop No. 8424 – Vaughan Road at Wychwood Avenue southbound
- Stop No. 8407 – Vaughan Road at Wychwood Avenue northbound
- Stop No. 8419 – Vaughan Road at Rushton Road northbound
- Stop No. 8406 – Vaughan Road at Atlas Avenue northbound
- Stop No. 8412 – Vaughan Road at Jesmond Avenue southbound
- Stop No. 11360 – Vaughan Road at Robina Avenue southbound
The remaining 90 Vaughan bus stops are all closely located to an intersection or designated mid-block crosswalk and conform to TTC stop spacing guidelines of 300-400m between stops.
The route changes will go into effect on May 10, 2020 and all decommissioned bus stops will be marked with an “out of service” pole notice.
Thank you for your patience, as we continue to make Toronto Transit safe.
For further information, please contact TTC Customer Service at 416-393-3030.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service