Easier Access Program
For the latest construction updates, see our construction notices page.
Cross Section Image of Station Elevators
The TTC’s Easier Access Program is making subway stations accessible. The TTC will be working on Sherbourne Station accessibility. Construction is expected to begin in early 2019.
This work will include:
- Barrier-free path from the main entrance to all levels of the station including installation of:
- Two elevators to access eastbound and westbound platforms
- PRESTO-enabled accessible fare gates (already installed)
- Automatic sliding station entry doors
- Improved signage
- CCTV – Security cameras along the accessible pathway
- Upgrades to the station have already begun including the installation of a series of 39 ceramic tile mosaic panels as part of the TTC Public Art Program titled “The Whole is Greater than the Parts” by Rebecca Bayer.
August 13, 2019 - Sherbourne Station Easier Access Pop-Up
On August 13, 2019, TTC staff held a pop-up at Sherbourne Station to share information on the start of Easier Access construction at the station.
Information on the project can be viewed here (pdf).
For further information:
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.